From the BC Secretary
Happy New Year everyone!
Hope this note finds everyone well and in full motion of making those new year resolutions happen!
Just wanted to send out a quick note with some upcoming dates for everyone to tentatively mark on their calendar – just need to cross some t’s and dot a few I’s
Please, if you know of any other events that should be shared, send an email to any director and we will do our best to share.
Upcoming Events of Interest
- 2019 NHSRA Annual Mid-Winter Meeting, which will be held January 21st – 26th in Salt Lake City, Utah
- January 19th, February 16th, March 16 ~ Practice at the Lakota Center in Dawson Creek 11-3, Barrels, Poles, Goats – Contact Bonny Wilson for details
- January 18, 19 and 20 ~ Team Roping Clinic – open to all levels and Ages. Instructed by Gary Spiers in Fort St John. Contact Amber Atkings 250-261-8317 if you are interested
- January 18, 19, 20 ~ Dena Millard Barrel Clinic – Chetwynd.
Contact Nikki Ghostkeeper 250-401-3403 for more info.
- Queen Clinic – TBA Details from Shelly English 250-262-5402
- North Gala – TBA
- South Gala – TBA
- February 1st – Director’s Elite Team – must bring in $1000 of sponsorship by February 1st to qualify
- March 15th – Report Cards due – send to: email@example.com
- April 13th, 14th Small Bore Shoot – Co-Approval Requested- Prince George
- April 20th, 21st North Rodeo – Chetwynd
- April 27th 28th North Rodeo – Chetwynd
- April 27/28 South Rodeo – Falkland
- May 3rd, 4th, 5th Co-Approval William’s Lake
- May 10th, 11th, 12th – South Rodeo – Merritt
- May 15th – Scholarships Due – Must be in Lynn Peck’s hands by May 15th
- May 15th – Report Card Due – Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 18th, 19th, 20th – Junior Finals Barriere
- June 7-9 – Senior Provincial Finals, Fort St John, BC
- July 26th, 27th, 28th Canadians Merritt
Please go online to www.nhsra.com to complete your Bio, you should have received login info previously to the email address that was provided on the membership application.
NOTE: If you are the student receiving the emails -SHARE WITH YOUR PARENTS!! Lots of info comes via email.
Once again, the BCRA would like to offer free Permits or JR memberships for 2019 for any BCHSRA 2019 member.
HCBC- reminder that those are due for renewal and while you are on their website www.hcbc.ca check out how to get extra school credits!!
We are still needing Office help for the Junior Finals, thank you to the ones who have volunteered to help at the seniors 😊
Stay warm and safe this year everyone,
Amber Atkings – HSR of BC Secretary